Ausmini
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:57 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:23 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Hi there,

Asking on behalf of my son, who is in Albury, so I don't have access to the car. I will be there mid Feb though and would like to help him get to the bottom of this.

The Rear doors on his R55 clubman won't open. You can hear a soft clunk from the Solenoid but he cannot open the RH Side (which is the one you need to open first).

Has anyone had any issues like this, or know of a way to manually get the door open so we can pull it apart to see whats happening?

Cheers,

Dicko.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:56 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

I havent seen this problem, but i have dismantled one of the locks before: they're complicated little things because they have the boot light switch in there and earlier cars had manual pull cable releases for when the battery is in the boot.

Id suggest something has got in there and is not allowing it to release correctly- so id try a combination of pushing / pulling / pushing in the door both with and without the release button pressed to try and shake it out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:11 pm 
848cc
848cc

I have noticed that the door strut on mine can get sticky. The door would be hard to open or not open unless I gave it a pull at the same time. I sprayed lube or silicon on the shaft.
If you have a seized strut that could explain the issue but I couldn't give you any ideas on how to open it.