Ausmini
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:47 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

Hi friends,
Firstly, I would just like to say how great it is to have this beautiful site back up. I spent many years trawling this site for parts, knowledge and inspiration. I had drifted away for a while but was shocked when I typed the URL in and nothing came up!! Good work.

Ok, so I'm planning on converting my Black clubby van to a k1200RS head. If you are looking for lots of updates and a fast moving project, jog on son. this crap's gonna be glacial at best.

I popped up a wanted ad for some parts and thought I should probably pop this up to outline the plan.

THE PLAN
- K1200RS head on an a plus Turbo 1300 block with Standard A-plus crank and conrods.
- Looking at a Garrett GT2554R as this is what Matt uses and Matt is SMART. Any other suggestions? Im going to go a single throttle body with a plenum.
- The EMS will be a Haltech 1500 Elite. I purchased this in a spur of the moment when they had their 20% off sale. It's a LOT of EMS and I really would love to utilise some of it's cool features. Im going EFI and ignition through it but would like to see the DBW, Road and race mapping, Cruise control, adaptive tune etc. do I know how to do any of this? No, not yet. I think I know what the acronyms mean though ;)

Because this is going to be a project that takes YEARS, im planning on building up a whole other motor. I would like to learn a lot in this so im going to be taking on a few things I haven't done before. Im excited.

Anyway, so far all I have is the mini and the Haltech Elite 1500.
Got any bits that might help me make this happen, shoot me a PM.
Thanks
DC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:52 pm 
848cc
848cc

Very keen to see this as it progresses mate! Going to fly!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:04 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

Things are progressing. As promised, the pace is glacial.

Ive been chatting to Josh from Mini imports and he has sold me:
-1275 a+ metro turbo block ( possibly only +10though at the moment which is good.
-a+ conrods ( arp bolts will be ordered soon)
-a plus crank ( this has been sent off for lightening and wedging)

Ive emailed Matt about placing an order for his kit. I looked at Matt's and the SC one. Although the SC kit is marginally cheaper ( maybe a hundred bucks) I would prefer to support an Aussie business who seem very happy to chat about stuff whenever I've rang.