Ausmini
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:03 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:55 pm 
998cc
998cc

just a k with the 1100, standard su, i fitted extractors and 2inch straight through...sounds sweeeeett!,
anyway i hit about 4500rpm, then the she stops there, starts making like a poping noise, and wont go any further, is this to say that it is starving of air....seeing that i opnened up the flow with the headers???......just 3 in too 1 heads,

any feed back or abuse is greatly welcomed!!!

Blake

71K 'Kaye', KAZZ69's work in progress
66 panelvan, going no where fast...
71 MS75 toyota crown COUPE :) yes A COUPE!
76 ra23 celica wid 1ggte, GT3071r, 13.5@106mph with alot of spinin....

wheels keep on turnin!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:25 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

What type of SU? 1 1/4? what type of air filter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:34 pm 
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK

there you go you have the ansewr in your question ....
2 inch zaust maxamin for any mini is 1.75 what happens is you loose back pressure also when you put the inlet mani on did you line it up right ??
makka

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:26 am 
the King of Bling

I had HighTec mufflers on Parra Rd tell me once that 2+ inches was fine even with out a box on the back, but of course it would have to be tuned. He Said he had raced Mini's years ago and thats what all the Brag cars have.
I did not buy it thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:58 am 
1360cc
1360cc

Possably carbie more than anything else. If it's a standard Mini K carb, then it will only be a 1.25". Add another one of them and you should be fine (not as easy as that, though!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:48 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

I was thinking big exhaust, more air flow = lean running on standard SU and standard needle... that is my cuirrent problem. $11 for a new needle or do like me and wack in a Dellorto / Webber :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:43 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

are they the headers i gave u lobby?
also did u use a different type of fuel?
this is an uneducated guess if u did that it may aslo be detonating?

not sure. jim's mini was doing that at about the same rpm coz of a bad batch of fuel.

to find out if it is that, a bit of octane booster and bob's ur aunty she should be fine; except for the exhaust being too big anyway :shock:

Post subject: hey
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:53 pm 
998cc
998cc

nah the headers u gave me are still in the cuboard!,

i played with the carbie, leaned it off a bit and fitted new hotter plugs, and a new standard air filter, runs alot better now, havent given it much more then 4500 yet,

i only use premium (BP fuel and mobil fuel) with the lead additive....until i get hardened stem cells, yes its just a 1 1/4 standard su 4 now!

(i heard shell premium is bad.....so said the NRMA guys???)

thanks for the help

blake

is running alot better!!!!!.....and detonating clener so far anyway!

71K 'Kaye', KAZZ69's work in progress
66 panelvan, going no where fast...
71 MS75 toyota crown COUPE :) yes A COUPE!
76 ra23 celica wid 1ggte, GT3071r, 13.5@106mph with alot of spinin....

wheels keep on turnin!

Post subject: Re: hey
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:40 am 
1360cc
1360cc

lobby69 wrote:
i played with the carbie, leaned it off a bit and fitted new hotter plugs, and a new standard air filter, runs alot better now, havent given it much more then 4500 yet,

If anything you should richen up the carb? if you are running standard needle and increase air flow (extractors etc) then you'd need to richen the mixture to ensure that it's getting the enough fuel for the increased air mixture?? don't quote me on it but I am running 1 1/4 SU with standard needle, 3in1 Extractors, 1 3/4inch exhaust and I need to richen my carb 2 flats or so to get it running so that it's not overly lean... Esp on the high end of revs, the standard needle makes the engine run very lean when you open up the trottle...

Just a thought, could be wrong...

Post subject: ????
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:24 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

The NRMA guy has rocks in his head. Optimax is fully safe and provides many benefits to the car. I know this as I used to work on the oil rigs in the great Aussie desert(Moomba to be precise..). Trust me - you should be more worried about BP than Shell as they do not have a very good track record(esp with diesel...)orwork ethic!!. Their QC on their fuel is abysimal and more often than not it is contaminated with tars, varnishes and H2O. I have used BP and yes i do like it but after getting a gutful of water with the 2 tankfulls of fuel for a FJ60 troopy, $11,450 later and BP saw the inside of the magistrates office(they eventually coughed up the cash out of court for the new motor!!). Most of the BP fuel is processed at Bulwer Island in Brissie and they also removed all of the sulphur from the diesel - yet another $1250 for new diff and engine seals(diff because all the sulphur-less fuel destroyed the seals in the diffs after it pissed out of the engine!!)

As for the missing probs, the max for a 1100cc would be 1 7/8 in pipe - this should eliminate the missing above 4500rpm...

Hooroo

Skins

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:31 pm 
religious status
religious status

According to BP's website I read a while back, all BP Ultimate 98 comes out of Kwinana refinery in WA. They ship from there to NZ too.

ping BNicho- he works for 'em... maybe has the guts on it..???

Post subject: BP Stuff
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:28 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Sorry - I was chatting(and sidetracking) about the BP diesel. Still leaves a bad taste in the olde gob -would rather run dry than going to a BP - sorry it is personal. Their premium is good but still prefer optimax(maybe I am biased).

Skins

Post subject: BP Stuff
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:43 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

here is an extract from the BP website on Kwinana...

A major achievement for the Refinery has been in producing Australia's cleanest petrol - BP Ultimate™. This is a 98 octane fuel, with less than 1% benzene, compared to the Australian Standard specification of 5%. It also contains less than 50 ppm (parts per million) of sulphur, compared to the current Australian Standard specification of 500 ppm.

Now in a normal vehicle(ie - petrol)the sulphur content isnt a big factor as the stuff isnt needed for the conditioning of seals in petrol engines. However they have done the same with the diesel and subsequently this manifested in major failures in 4WD vehicles and anything running on diesel. People were waking to pools of diesel in the garage and a costly bill to repair the damage. At least the underside didnt need rustproofing...try a $80,000 kenworth engine(cummins 450) spewing diesel fuel all over the workshop floor and onto a hot turbo to boot. However it was friendlier to the environment - I suppose that is the main thing.

I apologise for standing on a soapbox but these companies have to be held accountable for the crap they forcefeed us. BP = Bodgy Poop. Petrol go for it but give the eco diesel a big miss(all QLD rubbish)

Skins

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:34 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

thanks Rob for that
im running BPUlt now
i might try optimax one day - again
we'll see if the higher density has an effect on the carby
did i tell you people that my car dont like Synergy 8000?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:36 pm 
religious status
religious status

68matic wrote:
thanks Rob for that
im running BPUlt now
i might try optimax one day - again
we'll see if the higher density has an effect on the carby
did i tell you people that my car dont like Synergy 8000?

I think you got a bad load. Mine runs fine on either, better on 8000, if anything.